Kish Rigging is looking for a SAFETY MANAGER to join our team.
Kish Rigging is a well-respected leader in the field of entertainment rigging. Our employee-owned company has been responsible for the design, engineering, installation and operation of some of the largest and most complex temporary structural installations in the entertainment industry.
Our work is challenging and demands close attention to detail in a deadline driven environment. We continually strive to improve our performance with every new project. Safety is our number one priority and concern. We are seeking a world class safety professional to help us continue to be the preeminent leader in safety and training in our industry.
- Administer, maintain and improve our existing extensive safety program
- Create and manage the annual budget for training support and supplies
- Lead safety meetings and coordinate training for all Kish Rigging employees
- Conduct ongoing project specific safety assessments
- Conduct new hire safety related onboarding
- Keep accurate and comprehensive records
- Ensure compliance with applicable safety rules and regulations, specifically Cal/Fed Osha regulations and ANSI standards
- Conduct investigations and follow up on incidents and accidents
- Keep abreast of pending regulations and standards
- Develop new training and inspection programs to ensure compliance with new regulations and standards
- Continually evaluate our practices and implement changes to reduce incidents and accidents
- Regularly communicate with management regarding all aspects of our safety programs
- Help us promote safety as the number one priority with all the stakeholders we work with, including property owners, clients, labor unions and other contractors
- Project related travel, as necessary
Required Qualifications of the Position
- Minimum five years of experience as a safety professional
- Excellent planning, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interface with different departments within the Company
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Fall Protection Competent Person Trained
- OSHA 10 and 30 Hour Trainer
- OSHA 500 and 501 Trainer
- Extensive trainer experience including:
- Working knowledge of entertainment rigging practices and equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Safety Engineering or related field
- BCSP Certified Safety Professional
- CAD drafting including AutoCAD very desirable
- A high level of ethical integrity
- The proven ability to lead and simultaneously be a team player
- A passion for safety
- The proven ability to work under pressure while ensuring all work is being performed safely
- The ability to work in a complex stakeholder environment
- Climbing ladders and walking on catwalks is part of the job.
- We are a team of deeply committed professionals and are looking for the very best of the best.
- We will provide extensive training and transition support for the right person to fill in gaps in preferred qualifications. Additionally, we will actively support your ongoing education and training to maintain cutting edge qualifications.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, paid vacation and paid holidays
- Group health, dental and vision insurance
- Participation in Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Performance based bonus
- Company paid training
- Opportunity to work with a passionate group of high achievers who are respected as leaders in their field
Alternatively, you may mail your resume to:
KISH RIGGING, INC.
5400 Commerce Avenue
Moorpark, CA 93021